I have obtained my bachelor diploma in solid physics in June 1996 from Es-senia University, Oran Algeria and then Master Diploma in plasma physics in June 2002 from USTO University, Oran Algeria. From the same University I have received my PhD in plasma physic in January 2008. I have joined Ibn Khaldoun University, Algeria in 2002 as assistant professor and was promoted to professor in 2013.
During my PhD I worked on experimental and modelling of ozone generation by corona discharge using a coaxial wire-to-cylinder configuration. After my PhD I worked on three short research projects in collaboration with electro-hydrodynamic group at the University of Sevilla. These projects were funded by the Spanish Agency for the Development and Cooperation.
- Project 1 & 2: The study of carbon dioxide decomposition by DC corona discharge.
- Project 3: The study of plasma treatment of polymers.
I have joined the 4CU team in February 2015 working at the University of Sheffield, Chemical and Biological Engineering Department. I work as part of the sub-project, SP6, looking at plasma application for the reduction of CO2 into syngas. I will use my expertise to look at optimisation of the corona discharge reactor used for the CO2 decomposition as well as development of theory.
- K. Yanallah, F. Pontiga and J.H. Chen, “A semi-analytical study of positive corona discharge in wire–plane electrode configuration” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 46 (2013) 345202 (doi:10.1088/0022-3727/46/34/345202)
- K. Yanallah and F. Pontiga, “A semi-analytical stationary model of a point-to-plane corona discharge” Plasma Sources Sci. Technol. 21 (2012) 045007 (doi:10.1088/0963-0252/21/4/045007)
- K. Yanallah, F. Pontiga, Y. Meslem, and A. Castellanos, ” An analytical approach to wire-to-cylinder corona discharge” Journal of Electrostatics 70 (2012) 374e383 (doi:10.1016/j.elstat.2012.05.002)
- K. Yanallah, F. Pontiga, A. Castellanos, “Numerical simulation of an oxygen-fed wire-to-cylinder negative corona discharge in the glow regime”, J.Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 44 (2011) 055201 (doi:10.1088/0022-3727/44/5/055201)
- K. Yanallah, F. Pontiga, A. Fernández-Rueda, and A. Castellanos, “Experimental investigation and numerical modelling of ozone generation by positive corona discharge “, J.Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 42 (2009) 065202 (doi:10.1088/0022-3727/42/6/065202)